Tuesday, June 06, 2006


Mike Campbell is Joel Plasketts co-manager , along with the lovely Ms. Sherri Jones . Mike is a dear friend as well . This photo is the only one I could locate tonight on short notice in order to exemplify his beauty . He is HOSTING , this rabble !
Mike has a club in his back yard , a legendary club . 'The Tiki ' . it's where you go , if invited , to celebrate the evening , or to celebrate rock and roll , just because .
I usually show up lit and bereft of alcohol , sometimes even smokes . No matter , Mike will find you a pardner to mooch off of , cordially . If not he 'll take you under his massive wing and make you feel like a guest at JFK's stag . It's where we pound the table to GBV and Mike O' Neil , Hawkwind and The Duvalls .

Mike's beloved Wheaton Terrier , Rory ( Rory Gallagher ), went to Heaven today . A boy and his dog ... Twelve years old ( with an ear full of Bowie to Plaskett ). Rory was Mike's buddy , and Humphrey's ( the other ,younger Wheaton's ) bro .

Rory bit me , gently twice , when I exalted a Montreal touch down one Grey Cup . Mike casually looked over his leg draped across the easy chair and said , " Marsh , you all right ? " , " Yep " , I replied ., " Ok , settle down , the game ain't over ."
I love Mike Campbell . And I loved Rory too .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, a beautiful nod to a great little dog. I do believe I shed a river. Wake details soon...

Anonymous said...

Nice ode to a crackin dog that will be missed by this man.


RIP Rory