Friday, March 23, 2007

Melbourne ; phase one of the Melbourne experience is over but we'll be back next week . We have just flown into Brisbane and are heading out to soundcheck shortly . And somebody resembling Elle MacPherson just sat down beside me in a bikini . So , y ' know , Brisbane seems nice . Oh , there's a problem with the jacuzzi thing . Better go help out .

Right , Melbournia ; beautiful city with the longest beach this side of Rio . Two shows at the Corner Hotel with Augie March went as well as any band can be expected to rock the opening spot . That was up until Joel's amp destroyed itself during Maybe and we finished the set all drum and bassie with the maraccas just a pumping .
The tram cars remind you of Toronto , only much prettier, and my money is running out ... more soon .

Ok so , Melbourne seems like a dream to me now ( song reference ? ) .; we all spent a day ( mostly window ) shopping over the river down in south Yarra , all posh shops and cafes . Lot's of dough in Melbourne . We passed by the Ferrari and Lambourgini dealerships and eventually the street toned down a touch . There Chris and Joel oohed and ahhed over insanely priced guitars .The Elk's two new basses in Halifax we're much less than down here . So we got that going for us .... which is nice . I found not one but two pairs of awesome jeans for $15 at a Sally Ann- meets-Paris Hilton sorta habedasherrie.
We later partied down on Bridge street and then back up Richmond Hill to our So-like -Fawlty - Towers -Hotel and down the other side to Swan street and the gig .
But now we are in Brisbane . Brissie . Bris Vegas . Both bands had a nice late night stroll over the Story Bridge last night .
We must be living in a bubble but every Aussie city seems nicer than the last . Clean , modern , styish , but still got a dirty ass pub and dog track vibe . It's a cool country . Get down and get with it

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys ... I used to live in Halifax and can't believe you are playing here in BrisVegas ... I gave my friend Karen Palmer (from Saint John, NB) a call today to let her know you're playing, and she couldn't believe you were playing either, but it's real ... I just found out today that you're playing, so I won't be able to see you until Sunday at the Troubadour ... can't wait ... tina_walsh@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave (Donald?), I am so there next time. So I miss a trip to OZ. I got to do the Port Hawkebury show. Sweet business. I hear Steve Smith is pinching my gig for the summer. He's a bit of a big girls blouse. Jokes. He's a great. Call him "snickers". I don't know why. Just avoid looking directly at his face piercings. That's piercingS. Plural.Kids...

Anonymous said...

Man I need to proofread. I don't write the English no good.

donald twain said...

No worries Doolz , no hip young nose ring can replace that down to earth , folksy , I- heard- Lars -Ulrich -lives- in- a- bat- cave , vibe you bring to the party .

And Maritime ladies at the Troubadour on sunday night ? !
Very nice . We'll talk about Live at Five !

Anonymous said...

OK. I need more info and soon. Not that I'm getting "addicted" to these posts, but I'm curious and that's an impatient place to be...

Work proceeding apace for the venue that no one knows about...

Anonymous said...

Ooooh - a blog. Nice. :)

Looking forward to seeing what you say about the BrisVegas gigs. I thought the Troubadour gig was just lovely - probably a little more laid back than you guys are used to though.

PS Didn't you know that ALL Australian women resemble Elle McPherson? :P

donald twain said...

Five weeks on the road and they ARE all starting to resemble Elle McPherson . And Kylie . And Cate . And Dame Edna too .