Friday, October 12, 2007




San Francisco ; The hotel St. Francis is pretty swanky . We are not . But we fit in on the 12th floor . Because that is the floor with the stories . And ghosts .

In room 1221 , down the hall , is the room where Al Jolson died in1950 .Playing cards , waiting to go on the Bing Crosby radio show . Way back in the blog there are pics of Joel and Dave at Jolson's enormous , waterfalled , domed mausoleum in LA .
Also in room 1221 is where Hollywood superstar Fatty Arbuckle saw his career go down in flames following the death of a young woman at one of his parties.

The gig at the Warfield with the HIP was great . Beatiful old theatre , with a warren of dressing rooms down in the bowels . And Dundee Alistair and I shared stories of GBH and Conflict until the wee hours , we did .

tell you about the pint I had with Lemmy some time .


tonight LA

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joel, it was great to meet you and the Emergency waiting to get into the Warfield in San Francisco. You're as nice of a guy as I'd been told you were. It was fun to be able to ask you about the Atlantic Canadian music scene. I just wish you could have played longer than the 45 minutes you did, as I really wanted to hear Love This Town, but it didn't fit in with the deafening sound system! My ears are still ringing.

Thanks for coming to San Francisco, and good fortune on the rest of the tour. Thanks for signing my copy of La De Dah, and too bad I didn't see you after your set. Now I've got to get you to sign my new copy of Ashtray Rock.

Lee Hower
Sacramento, California

Anonymous said...

Q) Would Arbuckle be known as just plain old Regular these days?