Monday, July 20, 2009


Willie Nile played the Carleton in Halifax last night and he was flippin' amazing . Great songwriter . We know because we made it to the show ; straight from the 7 am lobby call in Surrey to the 8 pm arrival at Stanfield International . Wasn't a whole lot left in the gas tank after the weekend and a great show at the Surrey festival but Willie summoned the reserve out of us with two highly entertaining sets . Bit of rockin' guitar , bit of piano , whole lotta talent , it was fab . Nice work from Robbie Crowell too . Big props to Mike Campbell for his inspired booking . http://www.willienile.com/main.html


Thanks to everyone at the Surrey show saturday night . Good times , eh ?

3 comments:

Brenda Lee said...

Fantastic show at Surrey. Come back to Vancouver any time JP et al. :)

Mickie said...

I'm a NB girl originally but I spent this Summer in BC. I was so bummed that I had missed the Canada Day show on the Saint John boardwalk. No worries though - you guys showed up in Surrey and life was good again! I snagged a spot in the front row with a couple of BC kids who were in the know about just how good it was going to be. I'm not going to lie, it ended up being one of the most exciting concerts I've ever seen! Best weekend ever.

Oh, and like a good NB-er, I cheered extra at "watch out for the moose..."

donald twain said...

Glad you had fun , hope to get back real soon .